Saturday, February 27, 2016

Half-way Reflection

Hello future ENT3003 student. You aren up for a challenge. A challenge of keeping up with dates and assignments that may seem pointless, but have shown me that I have come a long way.
1. In this course, I kept up with every single assignment and completed it before the 9pm deadline. How I did this you ask? I check canvas every day, no matter how hard I partied the night before or stayed up late studying for my Orgo exam.. I still checked to see what assignments I had to complete for ENT. I guess the behavior to stick with is consistency of checking canvas every day, and discipline of actually doing so. Those two are key behaviors to obtain and express in this course. 
2. For one assignment, it was due 2 days before one of my big Orgo exams. I needed to study and that was the day the "Free Money" assignment was due. I thought about not doing it, but my friend convinced me to do the assignment during my study break and I thought it was a great idea and completed the assignment. I was really happy that I decided to do the right thing and actually do the assignment. 
3. Three tips I would offer next semester for a student enrolled is: 1) find a buddy in the class to remind you about dates due for certain assignments and to do the recordings with. 2) Be persistent. No matter how many people deny you for interviews, don't stop. Find your 5 people to get full credit for the assignment. 3) Have a portable video camera or lots of space on your phone. You will be taking lots of videos of interviews and pitches.  

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the dedication you have for this class. It's hard to remember the assignments that are due for an online class when on-campus classes are what is mainly on your mind. I agree though, just stay on top of your work as must as possible in on sitting and the rest is easy to handle. I agree with all of your tips and believe mine are the same also!

    http://jamestdrake25.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection-week-8.html

    ReplyDelete