Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection

1. My biggest surprise in this reading is the huge dedication and field built around researching consumer's buying patterns. I figured there would be another level of research in this type of field. For example, studying what the consumers NEED and making/creating products for that. The type of people researching the field of market segmentation just does not seem as essential as finding what consumers need. Then again, it is a "vulnerable technique".

2. The part that was extremely confusing to me was the part where it focuses on senior management. I have no idea what the difference is between senior management than management. Yes, we are in a society where we are very technology savvy, but is that what the author is referring to? Seniors as in the elderly or just management that is ranked higher than regular employees? This part confused me.

3. A question I would ask the author is which research field is most effective in finding what consumers will buy?  I would like to know what approach works best for researchers. Another question I have for the author is what type of advice would he give to a person starting a business? Just something I would like to know!

4. The part thatI do not think the author was wrong about, but I believe that the which attitudes matter to the buying decision is not as good as the reason I cam up with. Yes, it is easier to sell something to a person who is considered a push over or a recessive personality compared to a dominant personality, but I feel that, attitude does not have as much emphasize as much as mood coming into the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment