For this assignment, I went to Turlington. A place where students are walking in and out of the library. Probably to go out to exercise or go out to eat. I approached students with earphones on, on their phones, and walking by me. To get the conversation started, I used 2 methods. Two of them I bluntly asked them if they wanted a $1. The other method that was way too long to compress the videos, I told them good luck on midterms and to take this dollar. That one worked way better to take my money than the first approach. Out of the five attempts, I gave away $2.
Here are the videos of the first approach:
1. https://youtu.be/EzwGp7N3pxw
2. https://youtu.be/1wAvroNEZBU
Hi Katherine, kudos to you on getting even one person to take your dollar - I, unfortunately, couldn't convince anyone. From your two attempts that I could see, it's not surprising that the girl on the move was less willing to take your dollar. As it relates to selling a product, I think that it's best to approach people who aren't already "on a mission" to do something else, like the girl who was on her phone. Please feel free to check out my free money attempts here: http://biancamarques23.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html
ReplyDelete