Sunday, March 13, 2016

My Secret Sauce

1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique. What is it about you, exactly, that makes you different? Write this up in a detailed list. 
I believe what sets myself apart from others is my determination and my loyalty to my decisions, friends, family, organizations, and most importantly myself. What I believe in, is what I reflect. I believe in making things happen, not just spitting out ideas. I am the person that executes events and lives at the library studying for my classes. Without my inner determination, I would not be the successful, happy person that has the most special friend group. You can see I am a loyal person as well, because of the trust my friends, family, co workers, and past bosses have in me would speak for itself. 
The third quality that makes me different is how caring I am for everything I believe in. When I see my friends throw a water bottle on the street, I tell them that is not right. Pick it up and throw it away in a trash bin/recycling bin. That no matter what my friends do, I have to stand up for what I believe in and educate them.
My fourth and last quality would be my connections and how I am a great influence on people. My friends who work at a news paper station in Gainesville always come to me to find people in different majors and colleges. I always provide them with great connections because I have lots of friends in different areas. I am in a sorority, I am in Student Government, I am involved in lots of organizations on campus, and know a lot of people around the world. Last is my influence. Its not that I get people to do what I want, which is a horrible thing to do, but I know how to teach, educate, and get people to understand certain issues and stories that they can not seem to grasp. 
These 5 qualities are what make me different.
2) Interview the five people who know you the best. Ask them what they think makes you different -- remember, focus on your knowledge, skills, abilities, emotions -- in other words, your human capital. Try to stay away from discussing your other types of capital (such as who you know). Record each interview. In your blog post, please post each interview, as well as a two-three sentence summary of each interview, explaining what your key takeaways are.
1. https://youtu.be/9gXPzrKU4ao
My very close friend Yaima. Known her for 6 years.
2. https://youtu.be/qg4riWxTFQI
My best friend who I only met last year at UF, Thomas.
3.https://youtu.be/JslfwAXJVXg
My friend Miguel. Met him last year at UF.
4. https://youtu.be/WkPsHeOUiUc
My first friend Olivia in my sorority.
5. https://youtu.be/izpSLLyG9ko
My big Bianca!!!
3) Reflect on the differences. How do you see yourself, and how do others see you? Are there differences in how you assess yourself compared to others? What do you think causes these differences? Do you think your interviewees are correct about you? Finally, going back to your list from part 1, would you make any corrections to the list? How? 
The way I see myself, is similar to what my friends say about me and I am content. My interviewees are correct about how they view me. I am caring, I love to volunteer, and I love to stand up for what I believe in. 
I would not make any corrections, I stand by what I say because it is all very similar of what my friends said about me. 

2 comments:

  1. Th qualities that you listed about yourself seem t really go along with what was said in many of your interviews. I can sense that you are a dedicated and very well rounded person that does not stop until they reach their goals. Your post was great and it's always good to see how others think about you. Check out my blog at http://markemiablogs.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think determination is a great trait to have when you are trying to make a product exit in real life. Having connections is also a great way to make something sell. Being able to care about the environment is great too. It is great when people see you the same way you see yourself.
    I didn’t do this post but here is a link to my blog if you want to check it out: http://ent3003blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete