1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
Well, incorporating my business of my water bottle that holds your valuables, I think this would help my skills of being organized and not loosing my personal valuables. My aspirations are is to be a healthy person (physically and diet wise). My water bottle would help me in doing so as a constant reminder of drinking plenty of water and going to the gym daily.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
To customers, I am offering a motivational piece that also serves as a container for water and their personal values such as their phone, credit cards, keys, and ID's. The product is the water bottle that has a removable mold that fits their phone and has space for their valuables.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
I am offering this product to students who go to the gym often, ages 18-24. Students can be undergrad and graduate. This will most probably be males and females who share the same aspirations of body building. They all care about having everything with them at the gym.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
I care about this problem because I know how it is to lose cell phones, ear phones, water bottles, and money at the gym and have it lost forever. This water bottle has a removable bottom and can be safely put in a locker, but the other half is your water bottle. The water bottle also acts as a weight. Two in one!
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
Water bottles now a days do not have a removable mold that can contain your phone, credit cards, ID's, and keys. Also, this water bottle is a weight, and not all water bottle are that heavy to be considered that heavy.
From all these 5 points, I think the main thing that ties everything together is the fact that everything is in one place and has to be valued, because all the person's valuables are in the container. These aspects are not weaker joints, and not out-siders, but just components into a product that make it what it is and attracts customers.
The feedback I received was to show a picture of my model, which I do have and created on a program called AutoCAD (engineering/architecture program). The water bottle looks aesthetically in the image as a voss water bottle, but is made out of stainless steel. The removable bottom is a mold, that would be chosen under what phone the person has. So they would chose a water bottle with a mold for an iPhone5, not an iPhone6, because the 6 is bigger than the iPhone5.
Hello Katherine,
ReplyDeleteSeems like you lose things often haha. Interesting idea. I would love to see that drawing you mentioned. A cool feature could be that the mold folds up into a normal wallet if you ever need to separate it. Also I could totally see the water bottle and the wallet part as being magnetic rather than screwing on and off for ease of use. Other than that, cool idea! A suggestion for the target market and marketing the product would be to really explain the exact benefits of the product and figure out what kind of people would need your product, and market it to them. My idea napkin is on a support service for survivors of revenge porn. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://cassandrathe.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
Katherine, I liked how you described your own benefits that you might have from your product, because I did the same thing! I think your idea would be super handy and would definitely make a messy person like myself a bit more organized. This is convenient and easy to implement, plus its demographic is massive! I I would just proof-read a little more next time, there were a few tiny spelling errors. However, overall this was well done, in my opinion! If you could check mine out that would be awesome, thanks! http://ufentlaurenday.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-2.html
ReplyDeleteHi Katherine!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading about your product and I really think its an awesome idea! I would definitely like to see how you envision the product because I think there absolutely is a market for something like this, especially for college kids. I would love to have a water bottle that has a compartment for me to put my phone and money in. Good luck with this! Here is the link to my post: http://myent3003blog.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
Hey Katherine, glad to see that you improved from all the feedback you have received. When feedback is taken in a positive way it helps improve your ideas since you are getting external opinions. I love your idea so far but I would suggested making it an easier process than having to screw the items together. Check my blog out http://ufrob.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
ReplyDelete