Friday, March 25, 2016

Amazon Whisperer

  • Describe the revenue drivers you currently include in your business concept for this class. Revenue drivers are the different ways you make money.

    The way I would make money off my water bottle would be to sell it in certain stores that target my specific demographic of customers. These stores would be Sports Authority, Vitamin Shoppe, FootLocker, etc. I could even sell it at book stores on campus, which is where a lot of parents and students buy things to take home.  
  • Describe what kind of product offering you believe should be next. What's the next thing your customers want?

    The next thing my customers would want, after my water bottle, would be a modification/upgrade in protein shakers. I always see committed people in the gym with their protein shaker and a water bottle because they are both used for different purposes.
  • Describe how this "next" thing will enhance your existing product/service offering. Does it improve the user experience, does it increase customer switching costs, does it foster customer loyalty, etc.?

    My "next" thing would enhance the loyalty of the customers to my company's line. They know how well my water bottle is built and what type of conveniences it offers, so a modification in a protein shaker would enhance their experience at the gym, which is my target audience. 
  • Go to Amazon and try to find a product that is similar to the one you want to offer next. Describe the product. Include a picture of the product.

    This is similar just because all the protein shakers on amazon used the generic metal ball to separate their protein thoroughly. This one does NOT use a metal ball, which I would modify because the metal ball does and bottle start to smell bad. 
  • What are the customer reviews for the product? What, exactly, do customers not like about the product? What do they like about it?

    Two consistent flaws that customers rated about the product was "no airflow which makes drinking out of the small mouthpiece difficult" and the batteries are drained if you use the bottle often. They love how professional looking the bottle is and how it is geared for USE of professionals. 
  • Describe what design/usability changes you'd make to the product.

    Changes I would make to this product is the change of battery life, straw size, and the blade to be easier to clean. There were some complaints of cleaning the blade and how it affected the taste of the protein after a couple of weeks. Overall, the design according to customers and experts is "professional" looking. 
  • Describe why you think this product would make a good addition to your current product/service offering.

    This product would make a great addition to my current product because it goes a long with the theme of my first product, which is to stay healthy and live a healthy life style. Both these products are made for people to maintain their shape or get back into shape. This offers the best of both worlds for two different people with common goals; their health.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kat, I can relate to the hassle of having to shake my water bottle every time I take a sip just to mix pre-workout . Also, I always noticed how people take their protein powder to the gym so they can drink it right after their workout so their is definitely a market for your product. The reviews on the product you chose are really helpful because what you are trying to do is pretty similar. Unlike you, I wasn't able to find anything on amazon that really matched my product. Check out my blog is you want to read more about it. http://dbaltar.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing comparison between your product idea and similar products on the market. I've always had the problem of smelly bottles after several months of using them and I'd love to be able to have something that mixes everything a little better. http://triedfortime.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete