This week, I read Chapter 5 which was the The Creative Pursuit of Ideas.
1. In this reading, the most surprising thing that stood out to me was the was FedEx was created. It was in the paragraph about incongruities. Fred Smith proposed overnight mail delivery and he was told that "if it were profitable, the U.S. Post Office would be doing it". So Smith was right and there was an incongruity that existed, so he created his own company. This stood out to me because I never knew how FedEx came about. We know about all these companies but we do not know where and how they started.
2. One part of the chapter that was confusing to me was appositional relationship. In the book, it states that the term [are] "things and people exist in the world in relation to other things and people". I don't understand why there is a term for this because it just sounds like similarity or connectivity. Does there have to be more terms to add to the process of entrepreneurship?
3. A part of the critical thinking process, what would you say is the hardest step in the process and why? I would just like to know the author's opinion and explanation.
The other question I would ask him if he believes that their is a better side of the brain that would execute better "work" for an entrepreneur? If he doesn't think so, why not? I would like to compare his answer to mine. I feel that there is a better side of the hemisphere, which is the left for the lift of an entrepreneur.
4. One statement I could dispute with the author would be, "Most innovations result from a conscious, purposeful search for new opportunities". Actually, most innovations result from the simplest processes. Think about the innovations we have now. Most of them are developed fairly easily because of the type of society/era we are in right now. And like Kuratko said before in the chapter, most people do not realize they are being creative, so most innovations do not result consciously.
No comments:
Post a Comment