1) A discussion of your general approach and strategy to search engine optimiation (SEO). What were some of the activities you did for each blog post to pursue SEO?
Ways that I promoted my SEO was definitely making sure I had something written in the labels of each post. This is a target strategy that people use to narrow down their results. Another way I promoted SEO was posting my blog on my twitter account profile. When you search my name on google, my twitter account pops up and there is an easy access to my blog!
2) What were your keywords. How did you select those keywords? Did you change or refine your keywords through the semester?
Some keywords I used were #gators, #uf, and #entrepreneurship. Gators because, well GO GATORS. And of course, UF is one I use at least 10 times a day when I am on a search engine because it entails my UF email, UF e-learning, and UF self services. Throughout the semester, I did not refine any of my keywords. Other keywords I used were #waterbottle and #2in1 because my product is a water bottle and is something that is 2 in 1. Holds everything!
3) How did you use social media to enhance your SEO efforts? What were your surprises or general impression of using social media to improve your blog's profile? Was social media generally receptive of your blog, or did it get ignored?
I mostly used twitter, since I follow a lot and am followed by a lot of UF students. Another reason I used twitter is it is a spontaneous blog that just allows only a certain number of characters in the box. The google blog is one that takes time but is unlimited in the amount of characters you can write. My impression of using social media was definitely increasing the amount of blog views and getting my name out there.
4) What was your most "viral" post? In other words, which post obtained the most traffic? Why do you think?
The post that obtained the most traffic was the one where I chose 5 of my friends to talk about what was my unique quality. I think the reason for that was because I promoted that on twitter and tagged my friends when I shared that link. They definitely enjoyed seeing themselves on my blog.
5) Finally, did you make it to the first page of Google results for your keywords? If not, what page of results did you make it to?
Sadly, I did not make it to the first page of Google results, but I did make it for the results for #entrepreneurship and #uf together.

Hey Katherine,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post. You have a good keyword collection to choose from when researching you and your product! I have a water bottle invention as well, I hope you are successful in your ventures! Check my Post out: http://vincentdimenna.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html
Hi Kat! I think you really took the time to answer the questions, and your responses are great. I didn’t think of using UF as an SEO, but you’ve opened my eyes to something bigger and better. I think your idea is also great. Water bottles are also great, but if you can add more, why not right? You did awesome. Here’s my blog: http://youreamuggle.blogspot.com/2016/04/diggin-for-google-gold.html
ReplyDeleteHi Katherine,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I also used the labels when writing up my posts, but I think I needed to be more specific with them because I used a very general label "ent3003". I should have used more labels like you did. It's great that you used twitter and tagged your friends! My most viral post also included several videos. I think viewers are more responsive when the posts contain visuals. Your idea sounds great too! If you'd like to take a look at my post, here's the link: http://nicmcq.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html