Saturday, April 23, 2016

Final Reflection

1) Read through your blog from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.
Reading through my entire blog definitely had me recalling some good and bad memories. During the beginning of the semester, I had no clue how this class was ran. I did not know the whole system on to "share before you declare". I just followed what the assignments due dates were and eventually it caught on to me what the declare section was for. Towards the end of the semester around the time of March and April, I missed a few posts because I had back to back exams and I like to put in time and effort in all the posts I write about. Those were definitely the bad experiences, but the good ones were the beginning and when I had time for my blog. 
2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
The most formative experience was the post called "Top 5 World Problems". This I find so important because we find our solutions to the world's problems, which eventually have to be resolved. I love this just because I make up my own solutions to stuff but keep them to myself. I wish there was a suggestion box to the people charge of our world wide problems. The post I will remember for years and was the joyous one was what my friends had to say about me. I have the videos saved and appreciate every comment they had to say about me. The experience I am most proud of was my interview between Peggy Adams, the entrepreneur I interviewed in the beginning and the end of the semester. She gave me a lot of insight and is a great role model to have. 
3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. And we repeated the mantra -- I am an entrepreneur. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
Now that I finally know the mindset, what it take to define yourself to be an entrepreneur, and what it entails, I am an entrepreneur. For two good reasons. One reason is I finally know how to spell entrepreneur without thinking twice. The second important reason is because I created a product that is unique and that people would use. I would have my own product line, business, income, and I would have to sell it all on my own for it to make it big. That is what entails to being an entrepreneur. Representing and selling yourself at all times, which is something I strongly believe that everyone should be able to do. 
4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
A recommendation for students who are serious in the field on entrepreneurship is never back down. If you believe your product is something that is impactful on the community and you have a realistic goal, nothing is impossible. Don't let discouraging words from other keep you from your goals and visions. To perform well in this course, you have to be on top of deadlines and space out your time between assignments evenly. Know what assignments are worth the points and balance all your classes evenly. I know some of my friends who relied a lot on yellow dig, but being good with deadlines and getting accustomed to it will help you for your real world job in the future. To foster this mindset is know what type of student you are. If you forget things easily, put reminders on your phone or on devices you use often. This will get you accustom to not forgetting assignments because it will be in the back of your mind. Hopefully, this will get to the point without you having to make reminders and just remember dates on the top of your head.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Katherine! I really enjoyed reading your final reflection. This class has definitely been a roller coaster of ups and downs for me as well, but it has helped develop me into an entrepreneur as well. I think the advice that you offer is good advice not only for this class but for life in general because if someone has conviction and drive in what they are doing, they will always see success. Check out my post at: http://sowersent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine
    I really like your blog, it is very colorful and elegant. I enjoyed reading your post, I was able to feel the same way as you about what I liked about the class. It was pretty challenging and character builder. I had to stepped out of my comfort zone, and It was a great feeling. I really enjoyed that part. Unfortunately I wasn't able to complete this assignment, but feel free to leave a comment on my venture http://cabuawad.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no2.html

    ReplyDelete